Follow on Facebook

Follow on Facebook

Wednesday 1 October 2014

VegFest UK, 2014!

On Sunday 28th September I had the pleasure of visiting VegFest UK (at London Olympia) for the first time, with my friend Jill!

It was a very exciting day!

Things on my list to get were: Cream cakes from Big Fat Vegan Bakery, (this was a big sell for me!), a Sea Shepherd hoody, and a vego bar!

I managed to get a Vego bar (or 4...) very quickly, followed by a Sea Shepherd hoody soon after (from my Facebook friend Jenny Dunn who was helping man the Sea Shepherd stall).

I was really impressed with all the street food vendors at the festival, especially the eye catching Tuk Tuk from thai stall "Bang Wok" and the cute yellow van from "Ruperts Street" (who we bought tofu masala curry from).
Other cool stuff on offer was....lots of chocolate stalls, loads of vegan cupcakes and cakes, raw food stalls, lots of coconut products and fresh coconut water, and a fair bit of Caribbean food.

We eventually found The Big Fat Vegan Bakery stall upstairs and it definitely didn't disappoint!  The choice was a bit overwhelming, and I went a bit overboard and ate THREE of their huge cream cakes over the course of the day!

Other purchases I made were 36 nakd  wholefood bars! (love them so much!), a yummy chewy cookie from my friend Kezia at Kizzy's cookies, and a marshmallow box mix and "Round Up" vegan wagon wheel from Vegan Tuck Shop.
I also very nearly bought a soya milk maker, and vegetable spirailiser! (maybe next year!)

Overall I thought VegFest was a great event. It was amazing to see so many animal friendly stalls and people all under one roof, and I can't wait to go back next year!!




No comments:

Post a Comment